I am awake. My first attempt at sleep was three hours ago. My second was about one hour ago. It's strange, I have always feared the inability to sleep. Even when I was a little girl, life was only good if my sleep was sweet.
Well, here I am, and oddly enough, it's a good thing I am not asleep. God is ministering to me so much just through worship music, the words of my friends, and His still, small voice. He is reawakening passion for His Kingdom within me. This world sucks the life out of you, literally. It takes all your passion, your joy, your zeal and replaces it with apathy, cynicism and contempt. In order to keep our passion we need to protect it and cultivate it relentlessly.
Unfortunately, I have not done so and God is having to rebuild a lot of me from scratch. He knows what I need. My faith is fragile and He is bulking it up. I'm just pressing into Him and letting Him do all the work. I'm tired of trying to accomplish things my way. All I have is only what He has given me. All I will be is only what He will make me.
So, I'm just going to sit back and watch Him work. His faithful, loving, gentle hands will get the job done.
Come finish the work you began in me, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment