Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Faith

I have a plethera of words and thoughts floating around in my brain. Some of them connect, others are simply random.
Faith has been on my mind a lot lately. I struggle with fear--irrational fear that really makes no sense at all in the scheme of the life I am living. But I struggle with it nonetheless. It's like the enemy has found that that is my weak spot. It is easy for me to be afraid, and it is made easier because I don't see myself the way God does. Many of my fears are brought on by my low opinion of myself, quite sadly.
I am just being honest with you. If it makes you uncomfortable go read someone else's blog. ;)
But as my fears and the voice of the persistent enemy twist my thoughts into a mass of confusion, there is the still, small voice of my Savior. He gently reminds me that He is there and He is in control. And suddenly things are simple: Trust Him. There is nothing with which He is unfamiliar--no needs, no fears, no hopes, no disappointments.
We must acknowledge that we do not fight against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual powers of darkness and then fall into the arms of our Hero. He is the one Who has already saved the day. And like Paul said, whatever it is that afflicts us is NOTHING compared to the glory that we will one day have in Christ. God knows that we are weak. Even the most faith we can manage is often smaller than Jesus' humble example of a mustard seed. But He is not limited by the size of our faith. He has given us victory over all things through His Son Jesus.
Lord, I believe. Forgive my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment